Thursday, August 16, 2007

Assignments, projects, drawings and head pains.

It’s pouring down like rain from the skies nowadays. Deadlines must be met, thus a substantial amount of rest is unwillingly and forcefully sacrificed to achieve satisfactory completion. Though a minuscule amount of joy follows, it is also swept away in the roaring currents of countless other assignments in their pending state, and I can almost picture them rearing their pathetic heads and laughing at me.

Maybe I exaggerated.

It’s all part of life, they say. It'll be worse when you grow up, they continued. Nobody has ever died from work, but then again, nobody wants to be the first casualty.

Subdued. That's how I feel now.

But then again, my help comes from above, the maker of Heaven and Earth. And in Him I will trust.

I came back yesterday. A privilege, suffice to say. At least to me. And my craving for sleep shall be satisfied here. In my room. And my bed has never looked so tempting.

But the steady wave of assignments still follow me like ants on a sugar trail...

Waiting. Pending. My attention.

1 Blurted back :

  1. Anonymous said...

    awwwww. Cmon man no assignments for this weekend though!!